So, I was thinking a few days back how we make prayers, then wait patiently or start doubting them instantly. When it comes to seeking answers through prayers, then have firm belief in the following strategies;
1. Ask the King: What would be your reaction if any minister or King calls you and tells you he would grant you any desire you have? How respectfully and politely would you oblige? Wear best of clothes, show the most gratifying attitude to “please” them, be punctual in reaching there on time for the “meet-up”
… similarly, if Allah SWT, the King of all kings, has commanded you to ask Him only, even if its just a sole for your shoe, then ask Him for literally anything you want. He has the treasures you won’t expect to get anywhere.
2. Prayers are just a “request”: you did ask the King of kings, showed him the best side of yourself then you wait for the answers… however, always keep in mind, as you deposit a request slip in His bank of prayers your turn to be blessed is dependant upon how much amount of Sabr you have. You will either be rewarded instantly, or the request would be postponed as the time hasn’t arrive yet. Its His decision to process the “request” according to what He thinks is best for you. Don’t bang the doors in anger or get depressed. Your turn will come.
3. Shun the doubts away: when you have now prayed with utmost sabr and faith, then be mindful of the fact that to divert you from this straight path your enemy Iblis waited far more patiently and cleverly made a plan even before you started praying, thus making you doubt your own believes that sprouts in your heart and sway you away from this. He’ll turn you into a curious monster, an impatient person who starts to doubt his own Creator and finally depress you into thinking He isn’t listening to your prayers and they will NEVER be granted. Truth is, its a vicious cycle that only breaks if you believe in Allah’s ability that He knows every cell in you and give life to those who are dead, so why won’t He think the best of you? You should think the best of Him. Don’t. Judge. Him!
4. Ask anytime: whether during daily prayers, or when you get up in the morning or at night before sleeping, when in pain, when in anger, while beaming with happiness, when you crave for something, when you want to vent out but can’t find anyone, when you are frustrated of this world- pray, pray and pray! Ask Him in a state of wuzu or without wuzu. Allah SWT doesn’t check your clothes, looks or objectify the way you pray, He only sees belief in your heart and the intention with what you pray.
5. His attributes, your good deeds and intentions: yep! That’s true! Ask Allah SWT from all His names that you love..
” Oh Allah, you are Al Ghafaar ( most forgiving) so please forgive me”,
“Oh Allah, you are Al-Muizz (the Bestower of honors) so please grant me respect in this world and hereafter ”
“Oh Allah, If you loved the sadqa I gave yesterday, or the small ticky pack I gave to the poor boy on the road please accept it and grant me (then add your prayers here)”
… trust me, He absolutely loves this way. Just the tips and tricks to cash your desires quickly from His bank of rewards. 😌
Its amazing how we quickly judge our own believes first then our faith in Him. What you sow in your heart of faith, then keep nourishing it with good or bad is what sprouts to become a rewarding tree or a tree that doesn’t bless you with fruits at all.
Choice is yours. 🙂
Check below how Suhaib Rumi has beautifully summed up the entire thought process I described above…